Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 7 Traditions: Dollar Tree Gifts


This one is pretty near and dear to my heart! It's a tradition we did when I was growing up.  Growing up, I had a lot of cousins.  Come to think of it, I still do :).  Since our families couldn't afford to buy big gifts for all the kids, Mom took us to the dollar store and we picked out 1 gift for each cousin.   And my aunt did the same with her kids.   I loved doing this.  Obviously they were not high quality gifts.  I would imagine we had broke most of them before we even got them home.  But it was the thought behind it. We got to pick out the one thing we thought the other person would like. 

You better believe that in a few years, Kendall and I will be walking the aisles at the Dollar Tree searching for the perfect gifts!

To see all my ideas click here. 
 

1 comment:

The Skinny on Staci said...

It is super important for all 4 of our kids to get me and Jimmy a gift for Christmas. But of course, you can guess who usually has to foot the bill for that. LOL So each year, Jimmy and I get each other a gift for one another. Then we take the kids to Dollar Tree, and they pick us out a gift from each of them. Usually we get a figurine or a mug or something, but it's so sweet to see just how excited the kids are to present us with a gift. :)