Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Birthday and Some Sweet Advice

My blog officially turned one month old today! Happy Birthday! My, I don’t know where the time has gone. Seems like just yesterday she was born. I’m really enjoying her, and can’t wait to watch her grow for many years to come! Please address all gifts and presents to Stephanie Jones!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes it’s funny to see how God works. In the last two days, I have had two different ladies approach me with very similar advice. Both of these ladies are elderly and widowed. Both were married for many years before their husbands passed away. I didn’t ask for advice from either but gladly accepted it.


It reminds me of the verse:

“The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children. To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”

Titus 2:3-5


The advice? Round one was to appreciate Michael and love him while I have him. Round two was to never go bed angry at Michael, and always apologize first. Even if the other spouse does not mean it, they will apologize also.


Both are simple things that I know but it does not hurt to be reminded! How sweet, that these ladies love me enough to share some godly advice from their expertise.


Thinking about it now it seems like such a “God-thing” (a phrase coined by a friend at work). Maybe I’m not loving my husband the way that I should. I don’t want to be guilty of not appreciating him and what God has gave us. I think I’ll hug him a little tighter tonight.

No comments: