Saturday, March 7, 2009

What's on my mind....

Here I sit blogging because I feel like that's what any good blogger would do with a moment of spare time while I wait on my curling iron to heat up. It has been a busy busy week and is going to be a busy busy weekend! We had revival this week with Bro. Wayne Sexton. Between that and running to Nashville on Monday, I've been worn out.

Revival was really good especially last night. He preached about what to do during the night seasons of our lives. He used the verse in Acts, where Paul and Silas where in Jail.

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
Acts 16:25

Some truths he shared:
  • The night season is not a time of idleness.
  • Too often in the night we lose our song.
  • Paul and Silas stayed focused on the Lord's work.
  • Paul and Silas focused on someone in a worse condition than them (the jailor who was ready to kill himself).
  • Paul and Silas prayed and sang praise.

Simple lessons that I've known since I was a child, but it is still such a blessing to be reminded of these things and to refocus my attention to what's important.



In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

Psalm 86:7

1 comment:

Lori said...

Very encouraging post, Stephanie! I'd like to pass along an award for your site, if that's ok. Just go here to pick it up, ok? http://littlehouseinthefoothills.blogspot.com/2009/03/sisterhood.html
Your blog always makes me smile. :)