Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Day At A Time

Well surgery is over. Dr. Netterville talked very positive and told us that mom has a "bright future". The tumor was some-what bigger than what they expected. But it had defined edges(this is a good sign). Of course nothing is for certain until her biopsy comes back sometime next week. When I left the hospital tonight, she was in a lot of pain. The doctors were assuring us that this would be even better by morning.

My darling husband (the really cute one on the header of my blog) drove Kiah and me to Vanderbilt this morning. He rode home with Karen tonight so that he can work tomorrow. During surgery he left and found me an easily accessible hotel (he's the best). And it even has high speed Internet. I won't complain about it being the slowest hi-speed in the universe because I'm just thankful to check my email and catch up on some blog time!

Lisa had her baby this afternoon.....ready for this....hold your breath....11lbs and 7oz. I can't wait to see her real soon.

Well now I'm off (very slow like) to update mom's blog. Hopefully I'll get it finished tonight.

P.S. If you haven't got a personal phone call through all this....let me assure you that we still love you. We are tired, grieving, healing, and just carrying on. We may have forgotten a few along the way but never intentionally.

Our God is so good.

1 comment:

Amber said...

God is good....all the time.

Praying for your mom. And you. And your family.

And...wow!...11 lbs. Yow-zers.