It is offically crunch time.
If you have been hanging around the blog for any amount of time, you might remember my thirty before thirty list. I made a list of thirty things I'd like to accomplish before I turned 30. Silly me even plopped it into my side bar so I'd be accountable. (Boy, was I an over-achiever that day!) I was reviewing the list today and realized how pathetic I am. I'm not even half way there. I have to be honest though, I'm not sure why I included some of the items. I could think of more "worthy" things now. Maybe they can go on my fifty before fifty list. :)
When I started the list I had around 3 years left. I'm down to around three months. Being honest, I think I might be changing it to fifteen before thirty....I'm such a loser.
So my update....
1. Decorate every room in my house--This has been slow going. I have plenty of ideas but am not willing to fork out all the money at once. Finished rooms: Kitchen, Dining room, Living room, guest bath. Not finished: Spare bedroom, master bed room, master bath, laundry room. The nursery is sooo close to finish. I hope to have a post up on it soon.
2. Dye my hair--done (that's one)
3. Become more disciplined in my devotional life--done (that's two)--staying at home helps me in this area so much!
4. Find and keep a family doctor--I did have an appointment with a dr about 2 years ago...Not sure if that counts as keeping it.
5. Learn to use my camera on manual--kind of done (that's three)--I'm not a pro by any means but am getting better. The other day at Walgreens they asked for a copyright release on some pictures I took. That made me feel good.
6. Volunteer for some worthy organization--:(
7. Stop drinking soft drinks--I was totally caffeine free while I was expecting. Now I drink mostly water. I do still love me a cold coke and sweet tea.
8. Lose 30 pounds.--:( I can't do much with this right now while I'm nursing.
9. Get in the best shape of my life-- :(
10. Organize my recipes in one place--Maybe soon.
11. Take an amazing Vacation--not happening
12. Have a baby/or adopt :)--done (that's four). I have had adoption on my heart for some time. We'll see what happens in the future.
13. Organize my birthday list and start sending cards--Slacker
14. Can and freeze vegetable from our garden--We (as in Michael), have a small garden this year. That's progress.
15. Go Hunting with Michael--not so much
16. Take a road trip--nope
17. Organize my hard drive--maybe soon
18. Order a custom painting for our house--no
19. Write a children's book--not happening
20. Submit a picture to I heart faces--not yet
21. Clean out my car trunk--done(that's five)
22. Make Little Girl Hair bows--I've played around with this a little but nothing to brag about
23. Buy and Learn to use photo shop--It's been bought, and Michael knows how to use it...does that count?
24. Photograph a Waterfall--done (that's six)
25. Have a girls night out with friends--any takers?---obviously I have no friends.
26. Join a book club--nope
27. Visit Biltmore--done (that's seven)
28. really get dedicated with couponing--tried and stunk at it!
29. Set a budget and live on it--shamefully no
30. re-design my blog--maybe soon.
That's it...in all it's honest embarrassing glory!