Saturday, January 23, 2010

My review for Thomas Nelson Publishers of This is your Brain in Love By: Dr. Earl Henslin

This is your Brain in love deals with the scientific aspects of how love affects your brain. In the book Dr. Henslin identifies five types of lovers (Anxious, blue mood, scattered, over focused, Agitated).

After reading each chapter on the five types I was slightly disappointed when I found I couldn't truly relate to any of the five types. The book was still interesting to see how these different scenarios affect the brain and ways to help correct each type.

Last year I read Dr. Henslin's Book "This is your Brain on Joy". It actually focuses more on what is going on inside the brain, and I must say I enjoyed it more.

I give "This is your Brain in Love" three out of five stars. Although I struggled to relate, I'm sure it would be helpful to people who fit into those categories.

No comments: