Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hello 2010!

I'm sad to look and realize how little I have blogged the last month! And how little I've document with pictures. Christmas came and passed as a blurr, just as always. It's my favorite time of the year! We had a great Christmas. Michael and I spent Christmas Eve enjoying each others company, then later drove to his mom's and Dads and spent the night. We spent Christmas morning with them and the afternoon at my mom's house.

I was in desperate need of a break from work! These two weeks have been refreshing! It's so nice to be sitting in a clean house and not have to work about the stress of not having time or energy to wash dishes and fold laundry. I'm caught up! Surprise visits are welcome! (Today and tomorrow, only please, I can't promise anything pass that!) :) I've even had time to get a few fun projects ready for school.


I feel like a different person spiritually when I'm off work also. I've stayed busy working around here, but it's so much easier to keep your mind on the Lord while you're dusting vs. teaching 19 rowdy kids. My car hasn't left our driveway in a few days, I guess I'll break down and go to the grocery store in a little bit.

I'm always excited and refreshed at the start of a new year. It's exciting to think about starting with a clean slate. There's so much I'd like to do this year. So many areas that I neglected in 2009.


I remember at the end of 2008 I wrote about what a great year it had been. 2009 was, to say the least, a difficult year. But through the difficulties God was able to show his faithfulness time and time again. And that makes all the tears worth it. Also during 2009 I was able to spend many many hours with my husband and grow deeper in love with him.

I'm excited about all the opportunities that await in 2010!

No comments: