Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day, K Update, and Baby Update

I've got big plans to catch up on blogging this week.  :)  We'll see how that goes.

We had a great Mother's Day weekend.  Saturday we went out with my mom and family and ate dinner at Chuys.  How can you beat yummy food and a good time?


Sunday Morning, we had service at our church, which was very busy but refreshing.  I made crafts with my sweet Sunday School kids.  I loved how they turned out.  Of course the ideas were all off of pinterest.    We also had to take care of the Mother's Day giveaways at church.

That afternoon we grabbed a quick lunch and headed down to spend the afternoon with Michael's parents, and attended the evening service at their church.

I am so thankful for the privilege of being a mom.  I love spending my days with my little girl.  I'm also thankful for my mom and mother-in-law.  The Lord knows just what we need.


I know my last post was all about Kendall but it seems like she has matured so much in the last week or so.  And stopped the world....she is starting to walk.  She won't be entering any relays in the near future but she is walking short distances.  She's still super unsteady and shaky.  She walked all over my in-laws living room Sunday afternoon.  Today she hasn't been quite as brave.  She's added two words to her vocabulary: doggie and Barney, maybe my least 2 favorite things in the world  :).  She doesn't talk a ton but will throw a  word out when we are least expecting it.  She has carried a purse around the house nonstop for the last week.  She might end up girly yet.  She's been giving me a ton of kisses today, which I love!

I took her for her 15 month appointment this morning.  The nurse always asks 900 questions about where she is developmentally.   Is it sad, I was disappointed that I had to answer no to one of her questions:  Does she identify 2 or more body parts?  I felt like the loser mom.  (And for the record, we talk about her body parts all the time!)  Comparison is a nerve racking thing! I know she is fine developmentally, just that one little thing got to me.  Silly I know, (Also for the record, I'm already over it).  :)

Her current stats: 
    Weight 23 lbs 1 oz (70%)
     Length 31 Inches (55%)
    Head Circumference 19.1 (98%)


Things with the new baby are still going great and uneventful.  I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow.  Our anatomy ultrasound is scheduled for June 12.  Over the last week, I've been able to feel the baby moving, which I love! Without any morning sickness, feeling the baby is helping me to remember that I am pregnant.  :) 

 

 

No comments: