Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My favorite baby items--The Sick Edition

It's been a long time since I've done a "My favorite baby items" post.  Since we are finally over the yucky RSV I thought it would be perfect timing for a sick version. 


1.  Stuffy Nose Wipes--I love these wipes for snotty noses!  I used them a ton and Kendall never once had the sore red nose from all the wiping.  I buy the Parent's Choice brand which is a little cheaper than name brand. 

2.  A good thermometer.  Ours isn't this exact one but it is Mobi brand.  I love that it can be used on the forehead or in the ear.  And it helps that it is super fast.  


3.  A humidifer to help with breathing issues.


4.   The Nosefrida....this is a must have!  Love this thing for snotty noses.  And yes, you put one end in your mouth and suck.  And no, you can't possibly get snot in your mouth.  There is nothing gross about it.  It is wonderful because it gets all the snot out of her nose.   Oh and check out the bulb pic.  Now that is gross.  Seriously, switch to Nosefrida!
  
5.  Hyland's Baby Cough Syrup--self explanatory!
 


6.  And finally for fever....infant Tylenol.  One day when Kendall was at her worst we had to alternate with advil to keep her fever down.  

If you would like to see my past favorite baby items:

Things have changed a lot since 4 months, I may be back soon with a more recent updated list. 

2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I have never seen a Nosefrida. I really never used the blue bulb much either. What about Little Noses saline drops? When I did have to use the yucky bulb (because back in my day they surely didn't have Nosefrida, lol), I would put Little Noses in first to loosen the gunk and THEN do the suctioning. Ahhhh, the memories. What about boogy wipes? What is the diff in those and regular wipes? Also something I never had the pleasure of using. Lol

Tori Leslie said...

Man, I had my kids in the wrong decade actually the wrong century! Ha! Neat stuff maybe one day I'll need some of that stuff for my grands!