Monday, February 14, 2011

♥♥♥♥♥Our Love Story♥♥♥♥♥

   Michaels,
    I can't celebrate a Valentines Day without thinking of Valentines Day 2007.  That date sealed things for me.  You made it so special.


     My grandfather was so sick. I would spend weeknights at his house taking care of him.  And go home for the weekend.  I had met you in August of '06.  The first time you called I was at his house.  You sounded so nervous.  We didn't talk for long.   
     It was now Wednesday February 14.  I remember what I was wearing.  I remember I was putting heart stickers on a craft with my Kindergarten kids when you walked into my classroom.  I was shocked!  I would never have dreamed you would have the guts to show up where I work.  
    Then there was the nice restaurant. (Even if my principal showed up a few minutes after we got there).  Our nice talk as you dropped me off at my car.  And the card.  
            I left there and went back to papaws with my flowers.  Those flowers traveled around with me alot over the new few weeks.  I could stand to leave them at home or papaw's house when I was staying at the other place.  Everyone laughed  at me.  


           I relived this story today as I was scrubbing the toilet.  I remembered all the details so fresh and true.  To so many this story will seem insignificant.  But I smiled as the butterflies still formed in my stomach.  It's memories such as this that I don't want to forget as I go through life.  It isn't always flowers and candy.  There's not always sweet cards and romantic dinners.  Scrubbing toilets and taking out the garbage must be done.  But it's so much sweeter knowing I have you to do it all with! 



1 comment:

Scott and Kristan said...

That is a precious story. And how sweet of him to show up in your classroom!! Awww :-)
Loved it