Thursday, February 12, 2015

On my mind

    I've been wanting to write a blog post all week but we are having an extremely busy week.   Then I found myself up extra early this morning and both girls are sleeping so I thought I'd make time to squeeze in a post.  Kate has her 4 month appointment in a few hours so I'll still have to make it quick because I'll need to be ready to leave for that.

    There are several random things shooting through my mind.  Mostly small little thoughts and not enough content for a coherent post....so I thought I'd bullet point them into 1 post.

  • Kate turned 4 months old yesterday.  I say this every month but time is flying.  I hope to have her monthly post up later this week.  They take so much time but I love having it to look back on.  I still go back and read Kendall's.  And I'm not going to be "one of those moms" who slacks on kid #2.  Only I guess I'm already slacking because it's already late.  
  • We bought a "new to us" vehicle earlier this week.  Michael started looking for one shortly after I found I was expecting.  That's been almost a whole year ago now.  I love that he is not quick to jump into major decisions especially with financial things.  (One of his many qualities that I love, but that's a whole 'nother post in itself).  There were certain things we were really hoping to find (SUV, 3rd row seat, etc.) but had a pretty low price range since we were hoping not to acquire a car payment.  We had talked recently that we'd probably just need to bite the dust and get something nicer and deal with the payment.  My Jetta was getting pretty crowded with two car seats.  Then Sunday Night he saw this car listed, we looked at it Monday evening and bought it immediately.  It has more miles then we were originally hoping for but the price was excellent and it's in excellent condition.   I love it even more because I feel like it's the car God wanted us to have.  Michael had been driving all over looking at vehicles and this one ended up being right down the road from us.  I love when God works out all the small details.  He's so good.
  • I felt a little silly posting my February Goals.  I am so glad I did.  I can't tell you how many times I've thought I need to work on this or that because I'm going to have to blog about it at the end of the month.  Accountability is my friend.  I've checked off a few items already and have a good start on most of the rest of them.
  • I've had the blessings and responsibilities of technology on my mind a lot recently.   It's amazing where we are today.  We recently got smart phones, I love being able to look something up anywhere.  While that is a blessing the responsibility is great too.  I find myself comfortable being more snappy in dealings online, hey, they will never see or meet me.  Just this week I had to go back and apologize for something I said in text.  I didn't mean it sound the way it sounded but forget that in text the other person can't hear my intonation or see my facial expressions.  Just on my mind that I need to watch for these things and guard against being unchristian-like through them. Sometimes I wish I had been born back in the "Laura Ingalls" days but then I remember my love for reading blogs. 
  
I like sharing my mind at times.  Although that can be dangerous letting people in on my crazy thoughts! I just may have to come back and do this again.  Now I'm off to wake two sleepy girls and drag them out into the cold....




2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Hey Stephanie, Sometimes I need to do bullet posts like this too, too much random stuff for one post. You're so right, little ones grow up way too fast. I'm so excited for you about your new to you car. What a blessing to watch God do it.
I think we all need to be reminded of your last point. Way too often we let things slip online when we really have no place. Great reminder.

The Skinny on Staci said...

Your father-in-law was telling us about your new vehicle and how nice it is! Happy for you! I will admit right now that I was NOT a slacker with baby #2. Her baby book is just as filled as #1. Babies #3 and #4, I slacked. :-/ Their poor baby books are SO blank. I feel awful! But you know how it is with 2. Just add some more to that. It just gets hard!!! Jimmy says if I got a smart phone, he would never see me look up again. LOL He may be right. I do miss being able to just look stuff up whenever I want, though, when I'm out and about. So then I just text a friend with a smart phone. Tag, you're it! ;)