Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Very Hungry Caterpillar Party Part 1


     If you follow me on Pinterest the theme of Kendall's 1st Birthday Party is no surprise to you!  I love all things literature, especially cute classic kid's stories.  I put in a lot of time and effort into Kendall's party but surprisingly not too much $.   I was told I won't put as much work into the rest of my kid's parties. I really don't doubt that. :) 

    I love entertaining at our house!  And we had a packed house for this lil party!  I also like pretending that my last name is Stewart and my momma is Martha.  :)
  
    Only I'm not a Stewart descendent because I have no original ideas.  Most of the party was Pinterest-inspired!

First up the invitation:


   I made the invitation in Power point and had them printed through our local drug store.  Long story short-my original order of matte prints was lost in the mail.  The store refunded our money but I didn't have time to mail-order new invites.  So I ended up with glossy prints from 1-hour.  Really not a big deal but next time I'll make sure to order earlier!  

 Using a 40% off code, this was much cheaper (and I think cuter) than buying pre-made invites and Thank yous. 

       I also made her thank you cards the same way. 
 
 I had a 8X10 printed to go on the gift/favor table. 


Speaking of  party favors...they were also very inexpensive.  I purchased bug catchers and magnifying glasses last spring when they came out at the Dollar tree. I threw in a couple pieces of candy.  :)  I didn't get a picture but they are like the ones in the picture below.



Another favor, I used as a treat for the end of a game:

Our printer is sick right now, so the colors aren't as vibrant as they should be. 

More details to come in the next few days.

No comments: