Yep, I'm still around. Is anyone out there even still dropping by here? September was a bad month for the blog. Goodness gracious! I'm hoping for better things in October. For the record, Kate turned 11 months old on the 11th of September. The pictures have been took and are on my SD card. For some reason I'm getting messages that my browser and blogger are not compatible, so it's not letting me upload pictures. Can you say annoying??? It's on my list today to get that taken care of and get an 11 month post drafted. I'm not going to quit on her when we are so close to the finish line!
How about just a random October 1st bulleted update for today? The non pictorial version. Sounds fun? *Sidenote: Sometimes I just have to smile at myself when I realize what a big dork I am.
- The past weeks/months seem to be crazy busy. Life with two babies is no joke. Everything takes a long time these days. Just keeping the house picked up is a full time job! (I might have just got fired from that job also)...(Not really, just wishful thinking). Oh and for the record...there is no other life I'd rather be living. Loving it.
- Kendall is a rotten mess. So busy. I feel like she is getting more verbal everyday. And she's a hoot. She desperately wants to "sing with the kids" (kids choir) at church. So we've took her to some practices. The girl CANNOT sing without dancing. It is hilarious. I have some great videos on my phone if I can ever get this thing to corporate again. Needless to say she may be 13 before she is allowed to sing, because let's face it, busting a move at church is frowned upon.
- I don't want to give away too much about Kate and ruin the anticipation of her 11 and 12 month posts (wink wink)....
- Michael is still the amazingly best husband in the world. During the last few months he's added on a deck to the back of the house. Loving it!
- October is going to be busy busy busy. Kate will turn the big one, we have family pictures scheduled, I'm throwing a wedding brunch, along with other fun things that I'm sure we will throw in there. Actually the rest of 2015 and beginning of 2016 are going to have us running.
- I have been doing a ton of reading in my spare time (aka laying in bed at night when I should be sleeping). I've discovered how to check out books electronically from the library. Life changing. How have I've been missing that all this time. I may or may not be reading 10 books simultaneously. That's crazy. I am loving the Chronicles of the Kings series by Lynn Austin. I'm on book 4 now. King Hezekiah had such an interesting life. The series is making dig into my bible to see what is really true and what's been added to fluff the story. I also recently finished Together: Growing Appetites For God by Carrie Ward. I enjoyed it so much. I already have a devotion routine that I do with the girls (mostly Kendall) that I really like. The only thing is that it's lacking in scripture so I'm was already praying about how I was going to remedy that. Her book made me even more aware of how needful it is. (Disclaimer: there are a few things I tend to disagree with her on such as versions of the bible)
- I have discovered podcasts recently. Why hadn't anyone told me what I was missing out on? My favorite times to listen: while showering (tmi), while walking, or while the girls are napping and I'm cleaning. My favorite podcasts: The God Centered Mom Podcast, A Happy Home Podcast, What you missed in History class, This American Life, Criminal, Serial, and just yesterday I started Limetown (I think I may like it also, weird but fictional).
- I'm currently loving me some Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies (from Walmart) and I'm currently needing to get back on my diet. haha.
So that's life lately, Babies, books, podcasts and cookies. Soon I'll update with some cell phone pictures and lots of other good stuff....soon.